- the kids made delicious chocolate-dipped treats for their teachers
- it was so sweet to watch our shy and timid boy sing “glo-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-ria” loud and clear at the school Christmas program – his face was red as a tomato and his deep voice overpowered those of his classmates -proud of him!
- for the first time in our 12 years of marriage, I made shepherd’s pie – Johannes was never a fan but he’s changed his mind – it was actually quite delicious
- I’m having a hard time getting Zara to eat healthy these days – I know I give in too easily too often when she requests unhealthy snacks and an apple often doesn’t cut it for – I do make fruit smoothies for her, adding avocado, spinach, yoghurt and such and I’m glad she enjoys those but dinner time is a daily struggle – something to work on as a New Years resolution perhaps?
- we are looking forward to sleeping in, yummy breakfasts and just plain, lazy days in the coming weeks
- Johannes and I are enjoying a day out today with friends, partially to celebrate our anniversary and just to have a good time with great peoples
- we have some family get-togethers next week as we celebrate Christmas
- I really need to get some baking done – do you have any favourite Christmas recipes?
I hope you’re all enjoying the festive season!