Good evening to you! With our move coming up quickly, I haven’t had much time to prepare any elaborate blog posts lately, however, I don’t want to disappear completely so tonight’s post is just a quick post with some DIY, food, etc. ideas for you to try.
Pinterest is a great online place to travel through for endless inspirational ideas for the home, cooking, projects, photography, actually life in general. There are so many useful, beautiful, handy and delicious-looking things to pin. I have found though, that not all pins work out well, so here are a few that were a success for me that I’d like to share with you!
- When we got our new dining room table after a kitchen renovation several years ago, this was a quick and inexpensive way to add some chairs – we picked up some old, non-matching chairs at thrift stores and yardsales and used different pale, pastel paints to brighten them up (chalk paint would work very well for this project!)
- These flaky, cheesy, spinach cups are delicious along side a bowl of soup or as an appetizer – find them here.
- We made these little pouches at Isabella’s birthday party last year – the girls needed a little assistance but they loved decorating them and filling them with treats to take home.
- This is a great way to change up your lampshade – I crocheted covers for our outdated lampshades several years back and they turned out quite well! Just one suggestion is to make sure the lampshades your cover are wide enough not to catch any heat from the lightbulb.
- I tried this pho soup recipe a while back and was surprised how delicious and authentic the broth tasted. I left out the anise and substituted ground cloves for whole cloves – YUM.
- I love the look of this easy, diy hairstyle. The soft, relaxed look is perfect for a get-together with friends or a night out. Just make sure to loosen the buns slightly, by pulling them apart a little. That way they blend together and don’t look too tight.